- This event has passed.
Stress Identification and Management (April 2, 2019)
April 2 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Fee: $150 per attendee – Approved for Massachusetts State 911 Grant
Stress is an issue that afflicts many of us during the work day. It is a
threat that is all around us and something we must face, but if not
dealt with appropriately it could lead to further health implications.
This course will help you to identify what stress is, the signs and
symptoms of stress, and learn what you should do to manage it. We
also cover important topics of continuous traumatic stress and
vicarious trauma, the phenomenon of being traumatized as a result of
empathetic engagement with trauma victims and callers.
Course topics include:
- Understanding what stress is
- Signs and symptoms of stress
- Common causes of stress
- Techniques for managing and reducing stress
- What is Continuous Traumatic Stress and how to avoid it
- What is Vicarious Trauma and how to avoid it