- This event has passed.
Suicidal Crisis & Emotional Distress (March 16, 2020)
March 16 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Fee: $150 per attendee – Approved for Massachusetts State 911 Grant
This course is designed for public safety officials who may have to deal with a person in crisis, either by phone or in-person. Suicide is not inevitable for anyone. Understanding and knowing the risk factors and warning signs are important ways to recognize the risk of suicide.
Course topics include:
- Identifying risk factors
- Identifying warning signs
- Speaking to suicidal callers
- Transitioning between caregiver and information gatherer
- Suicide intervention techniques
- De-escalation techniques
- Suicide and substance abuse