- This event has passed.
Incident Command and Scene Operations for Dispatchers (January 17, 2020)
January 17 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Fee: $150 per attendee – Approved for Massachusetts State 911 Grant
A critical incident can strike a community at any time. Depending on your staffing levels and available resources, an incident can be handled locally or may require mutual aid and assistance. Understanding the Incident Command System and how telecommunicators play a role in the success of the incident and how the incident commander handles the incident is critical. In this seminar, we will cover the role of a telecommunicator during a critical incident, the roles of on scene responders, how to interact with incident command, among many other great topics.
Course topics include:
- Basic structure of Incident Command System
- Roles of the Incident Commander
- Roles of the Dispatcher
- How can the dispatcher effect change during a major incident
- Information gathering and dissemination
- Action items for dispatchers during a critical incident
- Situational awareness and the dispatcher